These tasty protein rice crispy treats are a delicious post-workout snack when you want something a little more indulgent. Rice Crispy treats are one of those childhood favorites that everyone loves and super easy to make!
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (can use regular or brown rice crisps)
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 7 tbsp Earth Balance butter spread
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams unflavored whey isolate protein powder (I used Isopure)
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- In a large, non-stick pot, melt butter and marshmallows on low heat, stirring constantly
- When all marshmallows are melted, remove pot from the heat and immediately stir in vanilla and applesauce.
- Slowly pour in the protein powder until all is incorporated, working quickly while marshmallow mixture is warm
- If mixture is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp water before adding the cereal (make sure you don't add too much water, they shouldn't need it if you use a fine protein powder)
- Stir in crispy rice cereal and press into the glass baking dish.
- Allow bars to cool then cut and enjoy
So good, it’s hard to eat just one!
I sliced these bars into 16 servings. Each serving has 185 calories, 5 g fat, 25 g carbs and 9 g protein.