These yogurt protein pancakes are the bomb!! I’ve got a ton of protein pancake recipe versions and this one is on the top of my favorites list. The yogurt gives them a nice tangy flavor and really great texture. Definitely give these a try for a tasty way to get more protein in your morning meal.
You can also try them with vanilla Greek yogurt for a sweeter option.
- 2 cups Pamela's gluten free baking mix (or another all-purpose whole grain baking mix)
- 32 oz container Oikos Triple Zero plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- 1 whole apple, cut into small chunks (I like galas, fuji or any other crisp sweet apple)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients, except apple and cinnamon, in a large bowl with a mixer or large whisk.
- Stir until thoroughly combined
- Heat a griddle over med/high heat
- Spray griddle with a high heat cooking spray or coconut oil (I use the Chosen Blends oil spray)
- Drop pancakes by ¼ cup full onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles form
- Flip and cook on the other side until lightly golden.
- Cook apples in a small, microwave-safe glass dish covered with a lid for 3 minutes or until soft
- Serve over pancakes
- Top with sugar-free syrup, if desired